Seeley School is working to prepare students to be successful for life. Developing healthy habits with nutrition, wellness, and physical activity is very important for our students. Parents are encouraged to send food items that will make positive contributions to the child's diet and health. Students may not share food in order to protect those who have food allergies.
Class parties and celebrations must align with the Wellness Policy and recommendations. We encourage our staff and families to discover ways to celebrate wit healthy foods or non-food items and activities. The following are some examples of healthy choices for honoring your children on their special day:
- Provide each student in class with a pencil, sticker, or eraser.
- Donate a ball or jump rope.
- Donate a book to the classroom or school library in honor of your child's birthday with his/her name inside the book.
Use the nutritional calculator to find out if a certain food item meets the guidelines. The following are just some examples of food items that meet the guidelines.
- Vegetables with Ranch
- Yogurt or Yoplait Go-Gurt
- String Cheese
- 100 calorie cookie packs
- Keebler Original Club Crackers
- Nabisco Wheat Thins (Original or Honey)
- Kraft Cheese Nips
- Graham Crackers (Honey or Cinnamon)
- Stauffers or Great Value Animal Crackers
- Famous Amos Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Fig Newton’s
- Frito Lay Baked (Doritos or Lays)
- Kirkland's Trail Mix
- Kudos Milk Chocolate Granola Bars, Chocolate Chip & M & M's Flavor
- Teddy Grams
- Sunshine Cheez-It Crackers (Original, White Cheddar or Cheddar Jack)
- Pepperidge Farm Goldfish (Original, Cheddar, Colors, Pizza, Parmesan or Pretzel)
- Kellogg’s Nutri Grain Cereal Bars (Strawberry, Mixed Berry or Cherry)
- Kellogg’s Fruit and Oatmeal Bites (Strawberry or Vanilla)
- Quaker Fruit and Oatmeal Bars (Strawberry, Very Berry or Iced Strawberry)
- Great Value Fruit and Grain Bars (Strawberry, Mixed Berry , Apple Cinnamon, or Blueberry)
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Fruit Snacks
- Fruit Rolls or Fruit Roll-ups
- Sun Chips
- David Pumpkin Seeds
- David Sunflower Seeds
- 100% Juice boxes
- Water bottles
Click here for a printable version of our Approved Snack List